GDPR and Data protection
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this page.
What do we do?
We are a leading foodservice and support services company in North America. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide clients with a wide range of innovative dining and support service solutions. We have a passion for great food and great service. We create inspiring dining solutions that deliver the full benefit of outsourced food services, combining our nationwide strength with passionate local teams. We operate at thousands of client locations around the country, from hospitals, schools, and oil rigs to corporate headquarters and the nation’s biggest entertainment venues. We also supply food and ingredients to some of the most visible, renowned, and successful food service venues in the country. We can also support our clients beyond food with a range of other support services – consistently delivered to a high standard, cost effectively.
What personal information do we collect and why?
The following are examples of the kinds of data we may collect from you:
- Personal Information that can be used to identify you, including your name, address, telephone number, email address.
- Business and transactional information, including purchase histories, and search histories.
- Browsing information, including internet browsing history, search histories, browser identification, and IP address.
- Geolocation data, used to identify your location for use of our location-specific services.
- Demographic information, including age, race, gender, medical conditions, allergies, and familial status.
Where do we get the information?
The data we collect can come from a diverse array of sources, including:
- You directly
- Our client, customers, and business partners that serve you
- Advertising networks
- Internet service providers
- Data analytics providers
- Government entities
- Operating systems and platforms
- Social networks
- Data brokers
How we use your Information.
Because we provide such a broad range of services to diverse groups of consumers like you, our use of your information will vary. However, the following are ways that we, our member companies, and our business partners may use your data:
- To complete transactions, ship your goods, serve your food or otherwise provide the goods and services you’ve ordered from us.
- To provide you with customer service support and to communicate with you regarding our goods and services
- To personalize the contents of the sites you use, and deliver custom product and service offerings based on your interests
- Protect the privacy and security of your data, and our systems, including fraud and malware detection
- To fulfill our obligations under the law
- To maintain the quality and safety of our computer systems, products, and other services
- For internal research and technological development purposes
- For any other purpose that you consent to in your interactions with us.
Who do we share data with?
We don’t sell your data, and in most cases the data we do share with others is anonymous, aggregate data that allows us to track and improve our services overall, and to enable our business partners to better serve customers like you. However, we do share your data with certain third parties, including our family of affiliated companies to provide you with the goods and services we offer:
- To shipping companies, payment card processors, and other third parties necessary to process your orders with us and deliver the goods or services to you.
- To process any request you provide to us, such as through our customer service teams or other online portal
- To business partners that help us manage and provide services related to our websites, mobile applications, communications with you, and to improve your experience when interacting with us.
- To comply with the law or court order, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of you, our customers, our employees, or others.
With limited, noted exceptions, our sites are not meant to be used by minors. We do not knowingly collect or process the information of children under the age of 13, and no one under that age should enter any information into any of our sites without providing prior parental consent. If you are under the age of 13, do not use our sites or provide any information through them. If we determine or are notified that information about a minor under the age of 13 has been provided through our sites, we will delete it immediately.
At any time you may exercise any one of the following rights to your data by calling us at +1-323-767-9672 or contacting us via the link at the bottom of this page:
- Right to Know
You have the right to ask us about what categories of data have been collected about you, the reasons for the collection of that data, and what we do with that data.
- Right to Access
You have the right to request a copy of the information we have about you. Please note certain particularly sensitive data cannot be shared, including social security numbers, financial card data, and other similar information.
- Right to Delete
In certain states, you have the right to request that we delete the information we have about you.
Please note that not all data can always be deleted. We will not delete data that we are required to retain to comply with certain laws, for example.
Also, please be aware that completing your request may mean we can no longer provide certain services to you that rely on that data, including product returns, refunds, and other customer service functions.
- Right to Correct
You have the right to contact us and ask that the information we have about you be corrected.
- Right to Opt Out
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your information
NOTE: At this time we do not sell your data.
When you make one of these requests, one of our privacy team members will search our companies’ systems for information related to you, and verify that you are the one the information is about. Please note, that certain requests require additional information to verify your identity. We do this to protect the privacy of your data, the security of your accounts with us, and to comply with the law. You may also use an authorized agent to make one of these requests. Your agent may make the request using the link above, but please be aware that additional requirements do apply. Your agent must either provide an executed power of attorney compliant with laws in your state, or a signed permission form after which we will contact you to verify that the agent is working on your behalf.
Also, please note that we will not comply with requests related to households unless every member of the household jointly make the request and all members can be verified and are members of the household.
We do not discriminate against consumers that file requests under this policy. You will continue to receive the same services you are used to (with the exception of those that cannot be completed due to a request to delete, where the services rely on that information, such as product returns or warranty support).
2/28/2022, 11 am